International Junior Golf Tour (IJGT) Presents
MET Junior Championship at Flanders Valley
Sunday, May 1, 2016
Players battle terrible weather conditions in Final Round
Score card playoff in the Girls Division for the title.
Flanders, N.J. – The International Junior Golf Tour ventured up to the Northeast to continue their Spring Season in Flanders, N.J. with the MET Junior Championship. Between the frigid temperatures and freezing rain, the competitors pushed through and competed for National Rankings and IJGT Merit Points. The top five players in each division earned preferred entry into any IJGT Major Championship and the Champions of each division earned an invitation to the 2016 IJGT Tournament of Champions.
In the Girls Division, there was a close run for the championship title. Because of darkness and weather conditions, the Girls Division Champion was decided on a score card playoff. Katie Dzialga, of Greenwich, C.T., took the title after beating Micaela Crines. Dzialga and Crines both shot a total of 162, (+18). Coming in third, shooting a 164, (+20) was Kaitlyn Lee of Scarsdale, N.Y.
“Recovering from being in bad situations today was key. I really enjoyed the front nine. I thought I played better because it was more challenging. My putting really helped me this weekend. Finishing the second nine, on the final round, was the best part of the tournament because it was beyond cold! It was a great experience,” said Dzialga
In the Boys 14 and Under Division there were six players. Edmund Broderick, of Bayonne, N.Y., came from back from six strokes to take the Championship. Jude Cummings, of Pittsford, N.Y., was sitting in second place after round one. He shot a total of 157, to keep his second place title. Rounding out the Boys 14 & Under Division was Steven Lee shooting a total of 158.
“It was awesome to win the MET Junior and the Low Final Round Award, I didn’t except that. My chipping and putting was really good this weekend. I enjoyed the back nine. If you kept the ball straight off the tee and in play, you could score. I just wanted to thank the IJGT for this weekend. Despite the weather, I was happy to be here,” commented Broderick.
In the Boys 15-19 Division Matthew Pulgini shot an astonishing 70 in round two to take the title. Pulgini, of Middletown, D.E., finished the tournament with a total of 148, (+4). Ben Snyderman, of Scotch Plains, N.J., shot a total of 153, to come in second. Third place went to Richard Riva III carding a 156.
“I credit my low round today to just being patient. Between yesterday with waiting and today with the weather, you just have to learn to be patient. I was hitting my irons well today and that helped. My favorite part was the different nines. The front nine was wooded and very tight. It was hard to score on the front, you just wanted to get par and get out. The Red course, back nine, was wide open with a little water. The back was the easier of the two and I took advantage of that,” stated Pulgini.
Each tournament the IJGT recognizes the low final round, presented by Clazic Belts. This tournament the IJGT awarded each age Division:
The IJGT will continue the Spring 2016 Season with Northeast Tour Championship at Hershey. They will compete for IJGT Merit Points, AJGA Performance Stars, and National Rankings. To sign up for this event, or others, visit IJGT.com or call (844) 779-3374.
Final Results of the IJGT MET JR. Championship conducted by the International Junior Golf Tour on April 30- May 1, 2016.
Boys 15-19 Division: Black Tees – 6,703 yards Par 72 (72.5/130). Boys 14 & Under Division: Blue Tees – 6,043 yards, Par 72 (69.1/125). Girls Division: White Tees – 5,672 yards, Par 72 (72.9/125).
Saturday – Sunny 50 degrees with 5-10 mph winds.
Sunday – Raining 43 degrees with 10-15 mph winds.
International Junior Golf Tour
IJGT MET Jr. Championship at Flanders Valley
April 30- May 1, 2016
Boys 15-19 Division – Black Tees, 6,703 yards, Par 72
1. Matthew Pulgini, Middletown, DE *78-70–148
2. Ben Snyderman, Scotch plains, NJ *76-77–153
3. Richard Riva III, Lancaster, PA *77-79–156
4. Kohltin Bartlow, Montgomery, PA *81-76–157
5. Jared Scheininger, Lake Como, NJ *79-79–158
5. Nolan Forsman, Larchmont, NY *77-81–158
7. Carter Nunez, South Orange, NJ *85-74–159
8. Jay Kim, Holmdel, NJ *78-83–161
9. Phillip Held, Lafayette Hill, PA *77-85–162
10. Adam Crellin, Townsend, DE *85-80–165
11. Charlie Kovalcik, Yardley, PA *88-78–166
12. T.J. Buck, Penfield, NY *86-84–170
13. Benjamin Steenland, Spring Lake, NJ *82-89–171
14. Liam Bourke, Chatham, NJ *88-88–176
15. Andy Bronstein, Pittsford, NY *94-84–178
16. CJ Augustin, West Harrison, NY *91-88–179
17. Sam Bakaletz, Mountainside, NJ *107-96–203
DID NOT FINISH
Brant Wolff, Perth Amboy, NJ * WD
Dave Sousa, Randolph, NJ *93 DQ (Rule 6-3a)
James Bucknam, Chatham, NJ * DQ (Rule 6-3a)
Girls Division – Blue Tees, 5,672 yards, Par 72
1. Katie Dzialga, Greenwich, CT *77-85–162
1. Micaela Crines, Wall, NJ *78-84–162
3. Kaitlyn Lee, Scarsdale, NY *82-82–164
4. Marissa Broderick, Bayonne, NJ *86-80–166
5. Devyani Kalra, Short hills, NJ *89-90–179
DID NOT FINISH
Anna Bowman, Westfield, NJ *91 DQ (Rule 6-3a)
Emmy Sammons, Rye, NY *96 DQ (Rule 6-3a)
Amisha Kalra, Short hills, NJ *100 DQ (Rule 6-3a)
Boys 14 & Under Division- White Tees, 6,043 Yards, Par 72
1. Edmund Broderick, Bayonne, NJ *79-77–156
2. Jude Cummings, Pittsford, NY *78-79–157
3. Steven Lee, Scarsdale, NY *75-83–158
4. Maxwell Sorger, Montclair, NJ *81-80–161
5. Douglas Beney, Rye, NY *79-84–163
6. Barnes Blake, Westfield, NJ *86-98–184