Finding Value in Junior Golf
“Why should a serious junior golfer compete on a national tour such as the IJGT? What makes your tour any different than the others?”
International Junior Golf Tour Mission Statement:
Provide exceptional junior golfers with the opportunity to develop and showcase their competitive skills while setting high standards to preserve the traditions and integrity of the game.
All serious junior golfers can expect all of the following premium perks with an IJGT membership:
- Industry Success and Tournament Experience: Now in its 18th season, the IJGT has conducted more than 800 National Championships
- Tour Caliber Events – New venue each week, but same championship feel!
- Professional Staff – Knowledgeable tournament staff traveling to each event with minimal volunteers
- Course Marking / Competition Set up – IJGT prides itself on professionally-run tournaments and tournament staff will arrive at the venue one week before competition. During the preparation time we will set up and mark each golf course accurately by USGA standards.
- Playing Options – All IJGT members may choose from over 160 open golf tournaments in North America during their membership, per the Canadian Junior Golf Association and IJGT member partnership. 10 events will be filled by performance based entry, the rest are open to all members.
- Diverse Membership:
- Local, National, and Global Fields – 40 States and 41 Countries are represented on tour
- 1,500 Members – averaging 5 tournaments per season
- Outstanding Competition – all skill levels of junior golfers ranging between 9-19 years old
- Tournament Series: College Series, Bridgestone Series, Major Championships
- Player Service representative available 7 days a week to consult tournament schedule
- IJGT College Placement:
- Experienced Full-time staff member dedicated to guide and answer questions about the college recruiting process
- History of Alumni – College Signees, Amateur and Professional Success
- Online Golf Resume – Auto updated scorecards and stats after IJGT events
- Swing Videos – Produced and Uploaded straight to player profile
- 1,400+ College Golf Programs receive tournament results and access all member profiles
- Tournament Results, Scorecards, Statistics and Media Relations:
- The IJGT creates a press release after each tour event and will submit the story along with the results to local, national and global media outlets.
- Tournament News Release – News story summarizing the competition and highlighting players
- Tournament Pictures – Smile for the camera! IJGT staff will be taking pictures at all events
- Tournament Videos/Interviews – All champions will have an opportunity to talk about their accomplishment
- IJGT Facebook Fan Page – Follow all the latest news and happenings on tour
- IJGT Twitter Feeds – Live tournament updates
- National Rankings and Amateur Exemptions:
- Technology and User Friendly Website :
- Interactive Communication – Contact us via phone, email, Live WebChat and Social Networks
- Tournament Information – Email updates and up-to–the minute news and info
- Blog Series:College Placement, and Player of the Week
- Online Registration and Tournament Management
- Live Leaderboards, Statistics, and Rankings
- Partnerships and Resources that Benefit All IJGT Members:
- The First Tee – Exemption Program
- IJGT Asian Circuit – 7 tournaments in 6 different countries including South Korea, Philippines, India, Thailand, Japan and China. With over 2000 participants in the 2012 season.
- International Junior Golf Academy – the only academy in the world that combines training, academics, and competition.
- College Placement Program
- Mental Training and Course Management
- Fitness Training Consultation
- Summer Camp/Special Program Discounts