Kulikowski gets the victory at Penn State, winning by two strokes
Greenplate brings home first for Boys 14 & Under
The IJGT hosted the College Series at Penn State University at the university’s Blue Golf Course on October 18-19, 2014. This was the first of the final three tournaments for the Northeast Tour this fall 2014 season. Each junior competed for IJGT merit points and national rankings.
Douglas Kulikowski of Pittsford, N.Y., carried over his round-one lead in through to the finish in the Boys 15-19 Division. Combining scores of 73 and 74 for a tournament total 147, Kulikowski finished two strokes ahead of his competition. With the help of nine pars and four birdies, he held off comebacks by second-place winners Adam Gray of Potomac, Md., and Dylan Plis of Camilius N.Y. Kulikowski led by five heading into round two and despite a struggle with bogeys in his final round, he maintained a three-stroke lead over the division for the win. Gray and Plis shared second place with a two-day total of 149.
“My iron game was the strongest part [of my game] and I was able to roll in some putts on top of that,” said Kulikowski.
Gray’s second-round 1-under-par 71 earned him the Clazic Belts Low Final Round Award, the award presented to the male and female junior with the lowest final round of tournament play.
Winning by large margin was Evan Greenplate of York, Pa., in the Boys 14 & Under Division. Greenplate led round one by seven strokes before kicking off his round-two effort. He birdied the par-4 hole No. 1 before going on to add nine pars and a second birdie for a final-round score of 78.
“All I was trying to do was sink putts and not get ahead of myself,” said Greenplate. He finished a tournament-total 157 highlighted by 19 total pars and three birdies.
In the Girls Division, Victoria Parker of Lewiston, N.Y., finished in first place. Parker shared the divisional lead with Haley Bookholdt of Columbus, N.J., after round one but pulled ahead in round two for the win. Both Parker and Bookholdt carded two birdies on their second rounds but it was the consistency of Parker’s game that allowed her to finish on top. Parker added nine pars to Bookholdt’s four, putting her in a two-stroke lead for the win. Parker finished with a two-day total 159. Parker’s final-round 78 earned her the Clazic Belts Low Final Round Award for the girls.
“My short game is the best part of my game and anything within 100 yards I can stick close,” said Parker.
Bookholdt finished in second with scores of 81 and 80 for a tournament total 161. Rounding out the top three was Megan McLean of Lebanon, N.J., with a total 165.
The IJGT will head to Outdoor Country Club in York, Pa., on October 25-26, 2014, for the Major Championship. To sign up for this event, or others, visit IJGT.com or call (843) 785-2444.
To obtain more information about the IJGT, please visit www.IJGT.com or call (800) 792-9143.
State College, Pa. – Final results of the College Series at Penn State conducted by the International Junior Golf Tour on October 18-19, 2014. Boys 15-19 Division: Blue Tees – 6,760 yards Par 72 (73.5./133). Boys 14 & Under Division: White Tees – 6,259 yards, Par 72 (70.1/127). Girls Division: Gold – 6,025 yards, Par 72 (75.0/137).
International Junior Golf Tour
College Series at Penn State University
State College, PA.
October 18-19, 2014
Boys 15-19 Division- Blue Tees, 6,760 yards, Par 72
1. Douglas Kulikowski, Pittsford, NY *73-74–147
2. Adam Gray, Potomac, MD *78-71–149
2. Dylan Plis, Camillus, NY *76-73–149
4. David Ross, Lorton, VA *76-75–151
5. Paul Terminello, White Plains, NY *78-76–154
6. Sean Dain, Oswego, NY *76-80–156
7. Liam McGrath, Huntingdon Valley, PA *80-77–157
7. Sean Stanistreet, Camillus, NY *75-82–157
9. Alec Kunzwiler, Oswego, NY *78-80–158
10. Nick Rencis, Long Valley, NJ *83-76–159
10. David Powers, Glen Spey, NY *77-82–159
12. Alex Lawson, Pittsburgh, PA *85-76–161
13. Evan Brown, Chadds Ford, PA *77-87–164
14. Jack Katarincic, Pittsburgh, PA *85-80–165
15. Leo Hernandez, Stewartsville, NJ *84-82–166
16. Jack Riordan, Oshawa, Canada *87-83–170
16. Drew Harris, Oakdale, PA *85-85–170
16. Noah Lee, Oswego, NY *82-88–170
19. Casey O’Korn, Canonsburg, PA *88-83–171
20. Will Lusk, Venetia, PA *91-82–173
20. Sanghyeon Park, Oakland Gardens, NY *89-84–173
22. Jack Martinides, Newtown, PA *89-85–174
23. Christian Evanchec, Saxenburg, PA *89-87–176
24. Tyler Olson, Hagerstown, MD *89-99–188
Did Not Finish
NC- Dominic Wagner, Alexandria, VA *84
Boys 14 & Under Division- White Tees, 6,259 yards, Par 72
1. Evan Greenplate, York, PA *79-78–157
2. Jeremy Summerson, Victor, NY *86-80–166
3. Garrett Engle, Harrisburg, PA *84-84–168
Girls Division- Gold Tees, 6,025 yards, Par 72
1. Victoria Parker, Lewiston, NY *81-78–159
2. Haley Bookholdt, Columbus, NJ *81-80–161
3. Megan McLean, Lebanon, NJ *83-82–165
4. Lauren Kase, North Tonawanda, NY *88-85–173
5. Lauren Freyvogel, Gibsonia, PA *87-87–174
6. Alyssa Schiera, West Windsor, NJ *91-86–177
7. Taylor Waller, Canonsburg, PA *92-86–178
8. Emily Kase, North Tonawanda, NY *102-93–195
9. Cecelia Neally, Corning, NY *102-99–201
10. Caroline Yarnall, East Aurora, NY *102-101–203