Coulter captures crown in comeback fashion at Olde Stonewall
Lewis earns first IJGT title in Girls Division
ELLWOOD CITY, PA. – The International Junior Golf Tour (IJGT) kicked off its Summer Series tournaments at Olde Stonewall Golf Club in Ellwood City, Pa. 30 junior golfers competed for IJGT Merit Points, AJGA Performance Stars, and national rankings during this two-day, 36-hole event.
Knox Coulter of Oakmont, Pa., put together a fantastic second round to come from behind and secure his first IJGT victory. After shooting a first-round 79, the rising junior put together a final-round 3-over 73, which included an eagle on the par-5, ninth hole. His second round included a birdie on the tough 17th hole at Olde Stonewall Golf Club, which all but sealed the deal for Coulter who won by one stroke over Max Hoffman of Pittsburgh, Pa.
When asked about his mindset going into today, Coulter stated, “I wanted to come out here today and hit fairways, and that is what I did.”
Coulter final-round score of 73 also earned him the Clazic Belts Low Final Round Award, which goes to the player who records the lowest final-round score in the tournament.
Hoffman made birdie on the last hole during the final round and finished in second place with a tournament total of 153. There was a two-way tie for third place between Will McMahon of Pittsburgh, Pa., and Carter Ehms of Cranberry Township, Pa., who both shot a two day total of 154.
Christina Lewis of Wexford, Pa., secured her first IJGT tournament victory in the Girls Division, with a two day total 168. Despite the wet conditions on the first day, Lewis managed a round-one score of 81 to give her the lead. Her first round included a birdie on the difficult par-3, 14th hole. Lewis was able to maintain her lead in the final round despite having an average day on the course.
When asked about her key to success this weekend, Lewis stated, “My putter is my best club. I have a lot of confidence when I use my putter.”
Securing a second-place finish was Bella Patrone of Pittsburgh, Pa., who shot a two-day total of 175. Patrone also earned the Clazic Belts Low Final Round Award for her score of 83 on the last day. Finishing in third place was Alexandra Muracca of Pittsburgh, Pa., with a tournament total of 186.
In the Boys 14 and Under Division, Sky Fox of Beaver Falls, Pa., won his title in wire-to-wire fashion. After shooting a tournament-low round of 1-over 71 on the first day, there was no looking back for Fox. Fox started his first round off with an impressive two under 34 on the front nine, which included three birdies and five pars. Fox picked up right where he left off for round two, by shooting a second-round 4-over 74, giving him a seven-stroke victory.
The IJGT will continue the summer schedule with the Summer Series at Stafford Country Club in Stafford, N.Y. on July 9-10, 2015. To sign up for this event, or others, visit www.IJGT.com or call (888) 358-1267.
About the IJGT
The IJGT provides exceptional junior golfers with the opportunity to develop and showcase their competitive skills while setting high standards to preserve the traditions and integrity of the game. As a tour that operates primarily throughout the academic year, the IJGT hosts approximately 40 tournaments annually. In addition, the IJGT hosts three international events. Each event provides multi-day competition for junior golfers of all skill levels ages 9-19. Players representing 30 states and 30 countries around the world regularly compete in events at venues such as TPC Sawgrass, Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, Kiawah Island Resort and Harbour Town Golf Links. Official partners of the IJGT include AHEAD, Bridgestone Golf, Clazic Belts, Laurel Springs School, The First Tee, Oakley Eyewear, Golfweek, PUMA Golf, EyeLine Golf, Bishops Gate Golf Academy and the International Junior Golf Academy.
To obtain more information about the IJGT, please visit www.IJGT.com or call (888) 358-1267.
ELLWOOD CITY, PA – Final Results of the Summer Series at Olde Stonewall Golf Club on June 30-July 1, 2015. Boys 15-19 Division: Black Tees – 6,681 yards Par 70 (72.2/144). Boys 14 & Under Division: White Tees – 6,200 yards, Par 70 (69.8/141). Girls Division: Gold Tees – 5,709 yards, Par 70 (73.1/132).
June 30, 2015 – Low 70s with rain; 5 mph winds
July 1, 2015 – High 70s partly cloudy; 10 mph winds
International Junior Golf Tour
Summer Series at Olde Stonewall Golf Club
Ellwood City, Pa.
June 30-July 1, 2015
Boys 15-19 Division – Black Tees, 6,681 yards, Par 70
1. Knox Coulter, Oakmont, PA *79-73–152
2. Max Hoffman, Pittsburgh, PA *76-77–153
3. Will McMahon, Pittsburgh, PA *76-78–154
3. Carter Ehms, Cranberry Township, PA *77-77–154
5. J.T. Kuchnicki, Pittsburgh, PA *80-77–157
6. Noah Harrington, Ambler, PA *78-80–158
6. Andrew Friend, Pittsburgh, PA *83-75–158
6. Jake Smithco, Cranberry Township, PA *78-80–158
9. Henry Angier, Frenchtown, NJ *73-86–159
10. Chris Tanabe, Sewickley, PA *81-79–160
11. Stephen McInerney, Pittsburgh, PA *81-81–162
12. Jack Devic, Orchard Park, NY *84-81–165
13. Ian Helsel, Indiana, PA *87-81–168
13. Ben Brason, East Aurora, NY *86-82–168
13. Patrick McCall, Elizabeth, PA *83-85–168
16. Stanley Garrant, Poughkeepsie, NY *83-86–169
17. Chris Rust, Wexford, PA *88-83–171
18. Ryan Shaw, Greensburg, PA *82-96–178
18. Michael Marsico, Aspinwall, PA *89-89–178
20. BB Birnie, Rome, NY *95-88–183
21. Chris Trifoso, Corning, NY *96-95–191
22. William Li, Boston, MA *97-99—196
Boys 14 and Under Division – White Tees, 6,200 yards, Par 70
1. Skyler Fox, Beaver Falls, PA *71-74–145
2. Gregor Meyer, Pittsburgh, PA *78-74–152
3. Michael Tanabe, Sewickley, PA *79-85–164
4. Palmer Cuny, Cranberry Township, PA *81-92–173
Girls Division – Gold Tees, 5,709 yards, Par 70
1. Christina Lewis, Wexford, PA *81-87–168
2. Bella Petrone, Pittsburgh, PA *92-83–175
3. Alexandra Muracca, Pittsburgh, PA *93-93–186