The International Junior Golf Tour (IJGT) is proud to announce Suzy Whaley, the first woman since Babe Zaharias to qualify and participate in a PGA Tour event, will be speaking at the annual Night of Champions Banquet, part of the IJGT’s end-of-year Tournament of Champions.
Whaley has been named to Golf Digest’s top 50 teachers and top 5 national female instructors. She has also been named the Northeast Teacher of the Year twice and a two-time PGA Teacher of the Year honoree in the Connecticut PGA Section. LPGA She serves as a board member for the following golf associations:
- National PGA Growth of the Game – Co-Chair
- National PGA of America
- Connecticut PGA Section
- The First Tee of Connecticut
Whaley earned her LPGA Tour status immediately after college where she competed for two years before starting a family. She currently works at TPC River Highlands in Cromwell, Conn. where she gives private instruction, oversees the Suzy Whaley Junior Golf Academy and manages PE2Tee. PE2Tee is a pending non-profit organization and its mission is to grow the game by involving Physical Education teachers to bring golf into their classrooms. To learn more about Suzy Whaley and her career in golf, please visit her website at www.suzywhaleygolf.com.
How Do I Qualify for the 2013 Bridgestone Tournament of Champions?
- All IJGT members are eligible to register for TOC
- 200 spots available
- Wait-list priority to:
- 2011-2012 All-IJGT Team
- Top Finishers at 2012 TOC 5th Annual Invitational
- Top Finishers at all 2012-13 IJGT Major Championships
- Top Finishers at all Open Events during 2012-13 season
- with considerations made based on outside ranking systems
Why Should I Play in the 2013 Bridgestone Tournament of Champions?
- Begin your summer with one of the top junior tournaments in the country
- Compete against the best competition in the world
- Add to your golf resume by competing for the 188 AJGA Performance Stars that will be handed out at TOC
- Receive brand new golf gear from head to toe courtesy of the IJGT and its sponsors
- Top 20 finishers in each division will automatically qualify for all IJGT Major Championships for the 2013-14 season
- Start summer break with a family vacation to beautiful Orlando, Fla.
Year End Celebration
Since 1999, the International Junior Golf Tour (IJGT) has hosted the Bridgestone Tournament of Champions (TOC) as the final Event of the IJGT season. The Event, which is hosted each year at the prestigious Grand Cypress Resort in Orlando, Fla., is not only the largest field of the season, but also it is increasing in national and international prestige each year.
The 2013 Bridgestone Tournament of Champions on May 25-27 will feature 200 IJGT members competing for final bragging rights until next season. We invite all IJGT members to register early in order to ensure you get your spot in the field before they fill up for this exciting Event!
The three-day event, which is to be played over Memorial Day Weekend, is the Season-Ending Event for the IJGT and a great way to kick-off your summer season at one of the top junior events in the country. The IJGT is proud to offer to its members a full schedule of events to ensure all competitors not only have the opportunity to compete in a championship atmosphere, but also enjoy a fun family vacation over the holiday weekend. The schedule of events will include the champions banquet, parents wine tasting/silent auction, minute-to-win-it games and so much more! The full schedule of events for the weekend will be announced by the end of March.