International Junior Golf Tour (IJGT) Presents
Island Invitational at Dolphin Head Golf Club
September 17-18, 2016
Hilton Head Island, SC
Jeremy Sisson takes the title after leading Day 1
Lee credits her chipping to a stellar finish.
Hilton Head Island, SC – The International Junior Golf Tour dodged tropical storm Julie and had scorching temps this weekend at the Island Invitational. The tournament had 50 participants that battled this weekend. The top five players in each division earned preferred entry into any IJGT Major Championship and the Champions of each division earned an invitation to the 2016 IJGT Tournament of Champions. AJGA Stars were also award in the Boys 15-19 Division
The Boys 15-19 Division Champion winner, Jeremy Sisson, claimed first place with a total of 145 for the tournament. Sisson, from Skaneatles, N.Y., competed in his first IJGT tournament over the weekend and kept his first place lead both days. Sisson, after just having his appendix taken out, carded three birides. Conor Bryne, claimed second place, after having a comeback second round shooting 71. Bryne, from Dublin, Ireland, had a total of 147 for the tournament. Rounding out the Boys 15-19 Division was Lino Galdin, shooting 76, 73, for a total of 149.
“It’s my first IJGT event, I enjoyed it! On day one I was inside twenty feet for every putt and was making pars. Today I was chunking my irons, my chipping saved me, getting inside three feet and making the putt. The course was short, which hitting it straight gave you great reward. I just had my appendix taken out and just started playing two weeks ago, it felt great to get back out there,” remarked Sisson.
In the Girls Division, there were two that finished the tournament. Tracy Lee, of Seoul, South Korea, had a strong weekend shooting 74, 76, for a total of 150. Lee, coming off from a win from a previous tournament, showed strong iron play with 2 birides for her rounds. Taking second place was Yuna Sato of Fukushima, Japan. Sato was able to battle back after her round one score of 85, to shoot an impressive 74 on the last day.
“My round went good. My short game was pretty strong, anything under 30 yards I was able to get it up and down. On hole eight I stuck it less than a foot and had a tap in for birdie, my only birdie in the final round, I was very excited. The course was challenging because you had to be straight off the tee. I feel great going into this season, I can tell I’m improving.,” said Lee.
There were six players in the Boys 14 and Under Divison. Round one, Julian Sanchez-Garcia and Bryan Kim were tied; ultimately it came down to the last hole where Garcia beat Kim by one stroke. Garcia, from Xalapa, Mexico, had a consistent round of 77, 77. Kim shot one stroke better in his final round for a total of 155. Taking third place was AJ Gilpin, shooting 157.
The IJGT also recognizes the Clazic Belts Low Final Award Winners.
Conor Bryne- 71.
Yuna Sato- 74.
The IJGT will continue the Fall 2016 Season in Parris Island, S.C at the Inaugural Juniors FORE Warriors Invitational. This tournament will be September 24-25, 2016. Players will compete for IJGT Merit Points, AJGA Performance Stars, and National Rankings. To sign up for this event, or others, visit IJGT.com or call (844) 779-3374.
Final Results of the Island Invitational at Dolphin Head GC conducted by the International Junior Golf Tour on September 17-18, 2016.
Boys 15-19 Division: Black Tees-6,505 yards par 72 (72.7/140). Boys 14 &Under Division: Blue Tees-6,025 (70.5/129). Girls Division: White Tees-5,611 (68.5/124).
Saturday – Sunny 89 degrees with 5 mph winds.
Sunday – Sunny 91 degrees with 5 mph winds.
International Junior Golf Tour
Island Invitational at Dolphin Head
Hilton Head Island, SC
September 17-18, 2016
Boys 15-19 Division- Black Tees- 6,505 yards- Par 72
- Jeremy Sisson, Skaneatles, NY *71-74–145
- Conor Byrne, Dublin, Ireland *76-71–147
- Leo Hernandez, Bluffton, SC *72-78–150
- Drew Mullen, Pawleys Island, SC *75-76–151
- Erik MacDonald, Braintree, MA *74-77–151
- Won Jun Choi, Seoul, South Korea *80-72–152
- Santiago Diaz, Merida, Mexico *76-76–152
- Chase Phillips, Hilton Head Island, SC *72-80–152
- Mark Laken, Kenosha, WI *77-76–153
- Samuel Cudjoe, Bethel, Trinidad and Tobago *76-77–153
- Aidan McCloskey, Northborough, MA *76-77–153
- Alan Smith, Winchendon, MA *74-79–153
- Tyden Wilson, Concord, MA *78-77–155
- Mikus Ming, Smiths, Bermuda *78-77–155
- Charlie Farrell, Hilton Head Island, SC *78-77–155
- Luis Martinez, Caracus, Venezuela *75-80–155
- Jorge Castaneda, Bluffton, SC *0-83–83
- Carson Barbe, Beckville, TX *76-80–156
- Kameron Daniels, Bowie, MD *82-75–157
- Marc Groenhuysen, West Chester, PA *77-80–157
- Ray Ahn, Daegu, South Korea *75-82–157
- Alejandro Guillen, Mexico City, Mexico *74-83–157
- Feng Chen, Beijing, China *76-83–159
- Mao Hirota, Nagoya, Japan *81-79–160
- Luigi Oddera, Genova, Italy *79-81–160
- Dan Byrne, Cork, Ireland *87-74–161
- Andrew Choi, Hilton Head Island, SC *79-82–161
- Adam Miller, Silver Spring, MD *81-80–161
- Oreo Prommart, Thung Khonkaen, Thailand *83-80–163
- Victor Sanchez, Atizapan De Zaragoza, Mexico *77-86–163
- Jason Hijazi, San Antonio, TX *78-87–165
- Frank Parisi, Schenectady, NY *82-85–167
- Ian Arnold, Allentown, PA *87-82–169
- Konosuke Takahashi, Tokyo Japan, *84-85–169
- Jorge Casteneda Luna, DF, Mexico *90-83–173
- Ryan Touzeau, Center Valley, PA *87-87–174
- Kiet Trieu, Hanoi, Vietnam *86-89–175
- Zhuole Lin, Shenzen, China *94-87–181
DID NOT FINISH
- Nick Gioffre, Waxhaw, NC
Boys U-14 Division- Blue Tees- 6,025 yards- Par 72
- Julian Sanchez-Garcia, Xalapa, Mexico *77-77–154
- Bryan Kim, Evans, GA *78-77–155
- Aj Gilpin, Norwell, MA *82-75–157
- Matthew Pilgrim, West Vancouver, BC *84-80–164
- David Murigi, Nairobi, Kenya *92-76–168
- Seung Jae Mo, Goyang, South Korea *90-81–171
Girls Division- White Tees- 5,611 yards- Par 72
- Tracy Lee, Seoul, South Korea *74-76–150
- Yuna Sato, Koriyama, Fukushima, Japan *85-74–159
DID NOT FINISH
- Stephanie Orrell, Ontario, Canada