Bobb holds on for two rounds for a victory
Bright wins by large margin
COLLEGE PARK, Md. – The IJGT wrapped up the 2014 Summer Series on August 19-20, 2014, at the University of Maryland Golf Club. The two-day, 36-hole event was the final tournament before the IJGT begins its Fall 2014-2015 season at the end of August. The field included 29 juniors competing for national rankings.
Carrying his round one lead into round two, Jordan Bobb of Rockville, Md., earned a victory in the Boys 15-19 Division. Improving upon his round one score of 2-over-par 73, Bobb recorded a second round score of 1-over 72 to finish three strokes in front with a tournament total 145. Five total birdies, three of which came in round two, were the highlight of Bobb’s performance.
“I got a good night’s sleep last night, ate a good breakfast this morning and stuck to my game plan this afternoon,” said Bobb about his formula for success.
In second was Ryan Bree of Kennett Square, Pa. He combined rounds of 75 and 73 for a two-day score of 148 while Taso Scilaris of Bethesda, Md., rounded out the division in third with a tournament total 149.
Joe Parrini of York, Pa., earned the Clazic Belts Low Final Round Award with a round two score of even-par 71. This award goes to the junior in each division who scores the lowest in the final tournament round.
Graysen Bright of Rockville, Md., led both rounds in the Girls Division as she went on to take first. Despite struggling in round two, Bright used three birdies and 13 pars to stay out in front. Bright established an early lead in round one with a score of 78 before adding a round two score of 85 for a tournament total 163.
“I enjoyed playing with my partner, it was a good two days and the course was set up to my skill set,” said Bright.
Lauren Parrini of York, Pa., finished in second in the division with a total 176.
Bright’s round two score of 85 earned her the Clazic Belts Low Final Round Award for the Girls Division.
The Summer Series at University of Maryland did not feature a Boys 14 & Under Division.
The IJGT will pick back up with the tournament play at the start of the fall season. The first event will be the Labor Day Classic at Hershey Country Club in Hershey, Pa., on August 30-31, 2014. To sign up for this event, or others, visit IJGT.com or call (843) 785-2444.
College Park, Md. – Final results of the Summer Series at University of Maryland conducted by the International Junior Golf Tour completed August 19-20, 2014. Boys 15-19 Division: Black Tees – 6,675 yards, Par 71 (71.9/133). Girls Division: White Tees – 5,881 yards, Par 71 (74.0/127).
International Junior Golf Tour
University of Maryland Golf Club
College Park, Md.
August 19-20, 2014
Boys 15-19 Division- Black Tees, 6,675 yards, Par 71
1. Jordan Bobb, Rockville, MD *73-72–145
2. Ryan Bree, Kennett Square, PA *75-73–148
3. Taso Scilaris, Bethesda, MD *76-73–149
4. Joe Parrini, York, PA *79-71–150
5. Stefan Suh, Herndon, VA *79-72–151
6. Nicholas Infanti, Clarksburg, MD *76-76–152
6. Jordan Shaffer, Fayetteville, PA *77-75–152
8. Anthony DeNapoli, Catonsville, MD *78-75–153
9. Jack Peden, Vienna, VA *78-77–155
9. Justin Gorton, Bethesda, MD *78-77–155
9. Joshua Jacobs, Kensington, MD *75-80–155
12. Will Ford, Reisterstown, MD *80-76–156
13. Will Ennis, Montgomery Village, MD *78-79–157
14. Jared Swick, Gaithersburg, MD *81-79–160
15. Jack Mellin, Sherwood Forest, MD *79-82–161
16. Trip Smith, Phoenix, MD *86-76–162
17. Gregory Szrom, Egg Harbor Township, NJ *86-81–167
18. Nick Stottlemyer, Port Tobacco, MD *80-89–169
19. Ryan Wallstedt, East Meadow, NY *83-89–172
20. Dominic Leoni, Hockessin, DE *91-83–174
21. Jairus Gaines, Baltimore, MD *92-87–179
22. Adam Miller, Silver Spring, MD *91-90–181
23. Kameron Daniels, Bowie, MD *95-101–196
DID NOT FINISH
Adam Gray, Potomac, MD *DQ (Rule 6-3a)
David McDaniel, New York, NY *DQ (Rule 6-3a)
Mark Murray, Syracuse, NY *JWD
Girls Division- White Tees, 5,881 yards, Par 71
1. Graysen Bright, Rockville, MD *78-85–163
2. Lauren Parrini, York, PA *89-87–176
DID NOT FINISH Kaitlyn Bingham Phoenix, MD *JWD